CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 8, 2009

No news yet

I had the MRI on Friday. It was an interesting experience, but not especially stressful or anything. The most frustrating part was the delay in getting it. They mentioned at the last minute that they wanted me to take a valium to keep the baby still for the MRI, so that took awhile.

We hoped to get the results Friday afternoon, but apparently the MRI was sent to the wrong radiologist. Fetal MRIs are still a relatively new thing, and they don't do very many of them here. There is only one radiologist who can actually read them, and he won't be back until Monday. We expect to get the results tomorrow morning.

The doctor this morning said that the baby's heart tracings look great, and she even appears to be a little bit ahead of what they expect for her gestational age. He said that since she looks so good, he expects the MRI to look good. That made me feel very hopeful since this doctor is not exactly the bubbly and optimistic type - I don't think he would want to give us false hope.

Anyway, hopefully we will have some good news tomorrow! I'm also looking forward to discussing what our long term plan is since they have not wanted to discuss that at all until we get the results of the MRI.

2 comments:

TMR said...

Glad to hear things still look on the up and up. Let me know how it turns out.
Thinking of you a lot

Denise Sims said...

Sandy,
I have been wondering how your journey has been going and how you have been coping? Please e-mail me if you want to talk to someone that can relate to your situation. I am in the Louisville area. I hope you hear good news tomorrow with the MRI. Is Dr. Puri reading the report?

Denise Sims,
Momo Mom of Mallory Mae born in Louisville on December 20, 2007